Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Garden Progress

Even though I haven't been posting about our community garden plot, we have indeed been hard at work on it!

On our last visit, I grabbed a couple pictures of the scenery as we drove by.
As you can see, it's wet out there! Lots and lots of rain had just drenched our garden, but I still could not WAIT to get to planting.

Here are our beds before we tilled and planted.
They're pretty weed-ful, even though we'd done a good bit of weeding last time we were out there. Oh well. I guess that's gardening!

Tyler got right to work tilling the beds. He was perfectly dressed for the job.
Next, I planted strawberries,
broccoli, cauliflower, eggplants, cabbage
and a few different kinds of onions.
We're also planting several other veggies, but they'll have to wait for better weather, and for us to remember to bring the seeds (sorry, peas!).

After all of that work, we're really dirty, and really proud.

Gardening is for lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment