Sunday, September 12, 2010

Goodbye, Ann Arbor!

Now that I'm back, it's time to catch you up on what I've been doing with my life. The first (and saddest) thing was saying goodbye to Ann Arbor.

I only lived in Ann Arbor two years, but by the end I couldn't imagine loving another place as much. Why did I love Ann Arbor? Let me count the ways:

1. Great friends. I mean, my friends were (are) seriously AWESOME. Have you read brunsandthebrosephs.blogspot.com??? Well, I'm friends with the author and she lives in Ann Arbor. Enough said.

2. An amazing farmer's market. I know I belabored the point, but I loooved that farmer's market! It was walking distance from my house for goodness sakes! It had Amish kids! It was splendid.

3. Our first home. It may have had mice and the occasional bat (and been loud, and been tiny, and had no yard, and have been falling apart), but darn it, it was ours.

4. Our community garden. This one was really sad, since we had to leave a bunch of our plants just as they were beginning to produce. Luckily, we got to say goodbye to our community and our garden at the annual wine and cheese party! It was fabulous!

Here's what remained of our garden:
Our tomatoes were still green!
And we had the prettiest eggplant blossoms.
And the prettiest eggplants!
The other gardeners brought their adorable kiddos.
And of course no one does floral arrangements like the gardeners who grew them!
So very romantic!

This was our farewell to Ann Arbor. We will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment